Monday, August 3, 2009

The Teenage Years/A Mexican Under the Influence







Monty Python's Flying Circus - Main Theme

The Monty Python Connection

In my introduction, I forgot to mention the profound effect that Monty Python’s Flying Circus had upon me. During my high school years (1972 – 1976), American public television was overrun with British productions, Masterpiece Theater, Upstairs, Downstairs, International Animation Festival, and, of course, Monty Python’s Flying Circus.

Once I had a taste of it, I was hooked. The accents, the settings, the simultaneously high and lowbrow humor. I was in heaven!

From the unforgettable show opening to the classic sketches included here, I was very much entertained, but it never felt “foreign” to me. For me, I was home! Enjoy!

Monty Python's Flying Circus - The Lumberjack Song


Monty Python's Flying Circus ~ "Nudge, Nudge" Sketch

1 comment:

  1. Have you had a chance to see Spamalot yet? Worth it for the coconuts alone.

    ReplyDelete